The SPX cheerleaders perform at football and basketball games, pep rallies and more. SPX currently has a Varsity Cheer Squad and Junior Varsity Cheer Squad.
Any student wishing to try out for the cheerleading squad must be in good academic standing (overall GPA 2.2) and have good conduct and attendance. To continue as a cheerleader, the cheerleader may not have been ineligible (according to eligibility for co-curricular activities) more than once during the current school year. Due to summer commitments, cheerleaders may not fail any class that requires summer school if that summer class conflicts with scheduled summer cheerleading activities.
2020-21 Season Dates
- February 25: Try-out Mandatory Parent/Candidate Meeting | 6 pm | Frost
- March 9-11: Try-out Clinic | 4-5:30 pm | Herzstein Gym
- March 12: Final Try-out | 4 pm | Herzstein Gym
- March 25: New Team Meeting | 6 pm | Frost
- April 7: Fittings | 5 pm | Women's Locker Room
- April -May: Practice | Clinic 5-6 pm | Herzstein Gym
- June 1-4: NCA Camp |Sam Houston State University
- June 6-10: Mini-Camp/ Competition Practice | 9 am- 2pm |Gyms
- July 12: Mini-Camp Set-Up | 12 pm | Frost, Commons & Herzstein
- July 13-16: Mini-Camp | Frost, Commons & Herzstein
- August: Incoming Freshman Tryouts (Exact Date TBD)