The SPX cheerleaders perform at football and basketball games, pep rallies and more. SPX currently has a Varsity Cheer Squad and Junior Varsity Cheer Squad.
Any student wishing to try out for the cheerleading squad must be in good academic standing (overall GPA 2.2) and have good conduct and attendance. To continue as a cheerleader, the cheerleader may not have been ineligible (according to eligibility for co-curricular activities) more than once during the current school year. Due to summer commitments, cheerleaders may not fail any class that requires summer school if that summer class conflicts with scheduled summer cheerleading activities.
2019-2020 Season Dates
- March 7: New Parent/Candidate Meeting- Current Students Only | 6 pm | Frost
- March 18-21: Try-out Clinic | 4 pm | Herzstein Gym
- March 22: Try-out | 4 pm | Herzstein Gym
- April 12: Uniform Fittings | 4 pm | Girls Locker Room
- April 29: Incoming Freshman Parent/Candidate Meeting | 6 pm | Herzstein Gym
- April 29-May 2: Incoming Freshman Try-out | Clinic 5-6 pm | Herzstein Gym
- May 3: Incoming Freshman Try-out | 4 pm | Herzstein Gym
- June 1: NCA Leadership Camp | 9 am-12 pm | Big/Lil Sis Reveal | 12-2 pm | Herzstein Gym
- June 3-6: NCA Camp | Sam Houston State University (will need transportation)
- July 8-12: Competition & Mini- Camp Practice | 9 am-3 pm | Herzstein Gym
- July 14: Mini-Camp Work Day | 12 pm | Commons, Frost, Herzstein Gym
- July 15-18: Mini-Camp | Commons, Frost, Herzstein Gym
- Squads: 9 am-2 pm | Individuals: 9 am-12 pm
Interested in becoming a member of the SPX Cheerleading squad this 2019-20 season?
Step 1: View and print the Try-Out Packet
Step 2: Mark your calendars for the mandatory Parent/Candidate Meeting!
Thursday, March 7 | 6 pm | Commons
Step 3: Submit packet materials to Coach Molina by March 7.