The Big Game!
Varsity Football vs. Antonian
Nov. 2, 2018
7:00 p.m. Kickoff
The Big Dance!
Sheraton Houston Hotel Brookhollow
3000 North Loop West Freeway
Houston, Texas 77092
Desserts and beverages will be provided
Self-parking is available in the hotel parking garage at no charge
November 3, 2018
8:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.
- Lock-In 9:00-11:30 p.m.
- Students must be picked up by 12:00 a.m.
October 1-21 tickets are $40 each
October 22-31 tickets are $50 each
No tickets will be sold after October 31.
Tickets will be sold on campus (cash/check only) October 11, 12, 19 for $40 each and one final time on October 26 for $50 each.
By purchasing a ticket to attend the SPX homecoming dance, you are agreeing to respect and adhere to all of the policies and expectations of SPX. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Students will not be admitted to the dance if the name on the ticket does not match the student and/or the student ID.
1. Homecoming is a semi-formal event.
2. It is very important to review the dress code guidelines prior to selecting your attire for this event. Attire that is inappropriate for the occasion or deviates from modesty in the judgement of a school administrator may result in being denied admission. SPX grooming and accessory guidelines apply. Guidelines will be strictly enforced.
- A tasteful, elegant dress, pantsuit, or jumpsuit is required.
- Dresses must come to no higher than three inches above the knee. Slits may hit no higher than three inches above the knee. If you purchase a dress with a slit that does not meet those guidelines, you will need to have the slit sewn.
- Dresses that are too revealing, are skin tight or form fitting, expose the midriff or cleavage, or are too short in length are not appropriate.
- Attire may not be backless (below the elbow), may not be see-through or have cut-outs. Covering a cut-out with fabric will not suffice unless that fabric is permanently sewn into the dress.
- Please be modest with sheer material. A sheer layer revealing higher than three inches above the knee or a low cut neckline is not appropriate.
- Attire must meet the SPX requirements without the use of cover-ups (shawls, jackets, sweaters, etc.).
- Dress approval is strongly recommended. A DropBox for the submission of dress photos has been established on the dean’s info page located on the student portal. SPX students can submit for approval on behalf of their guest or guests can e-mail photos directly to the appropriate dean.
- A t-shirt and/or tights will be issued if a student’s attire is deemed inappropriate.
- A collared dress shirt, suit or sports coat, with a regular tie or bow tie is required.
- Dress pants must be worn (no jeans). A belt or suspenders are required.
- Dress shoes must be worn. Tennis shoes or athletic footwear of any kind is not permitted.
3. Check-in begins at 8:00 PM. All students must arrive no later than 9 PM. Students will stay at the dance until the doors reopen at 11:30 PM. There is no re-entry into the dance. The dance ends at 12:00 AM.
4. Any student/ guest disruption of the dance, such as fighting, chanting of profanity, willful disobedience of any adult chaperone or any behavior deemed inappropriate will be removed from the dance.
5. Students and/or their guest under the influence of alcohol or any other “drug” as defined in the Student/Parent/Guardian Handbook will be denied entrance, removed from the dance, and/ or released to their parent/ guardian. SPX will contact the guest’s school to inform the school of the incident. SPX reserves the right to contact law enforcement.
6. Students and/or their guest may not solicit, use, distribute, or possess on their person or in their vehicles e-cigarettes, or any other nicotine or smoking devices or related products such as lighters, e-liquid, atomizers, rolling papers, etc.
7. St. Pius X High School reserves the right to search any student and/or guest before or during the dance.
8. All school rules set forth in Student/Parent/Guardian Handbook apply at the dance for students and/or their guest.
9. SPX students may bring only one (1) guest who is not an SPX student. Guest approval is required.
- An application and the required documentation for guest approval must be submitted to the dean of students no later than October 31, 2018.
- Guest admittance will not be granted without prior approval.
- SPX students and their guests must enter and leave the dance together.
- Student guests must be in high school or no more than one year post high school graduation.
- An individual dismissed from SPX may not be brought as a guest.
- SPX students are responsible for their non-SPX guest’s conduct and attire.
10. Students and/or guests who do not comply with the guidelines listed above will be removed from the dance. No refund will be given if a student or their guest is removed from the dance. Students removed from the dance may be prohibited from attending future dances for up to one year.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Non-SPX guest admittance will take place ONLY after this application and the appropriate documentation has been submitted and approved. Completed applications must be hand delivered individually to Mr. Hornsby (grades 10 and 12) or Mrs. Ware (grades 9 and 11). Any application submitted after October 31, 2018, will not be accepted.
It is very important to review the dress code guidelines prior to selecting your attire for this event. Attire that is inappropriate for the occasion or deviates from modesty in the judgement of a school administrator may result in being denied admission. SPX grooming and accessory guidelines apply. Guidelines will be strictly enforced.
Login to the Student Portal to submit a picture of your Homecoming dress for approval.
1. Click on "Dean of Students Info"
3. Click on Homecoming Dress Approval.
2. Click on "Dropbox" at the top of the page.
4. Browse for your photo, add any comments and then submit.