Spend Part of Summer at SPX
We offer summertime activities for current, incoming, and prospective students. Our offerings include a range of summer school classes that allow students to earn high school credit and free up their regular schedules for electives, a set of summer camps for elementary, middle school, and high school students covering a range of sports, art interests, and academic subjects.
Registering for summer school requires you to log into a SPX parent or student account.
You can credit recovery options at the bottom of this page.
Review these pages to find out more.
Summer School Offerings
Summer School Dates & Times:
June 11 through June 29
8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
(Half hour lunch break)
Summer School Classes
Gain communication skills in a 3-week summer course and earn ½ language arts required credit.
- Students will identify, analyze, develop and evaluate communication skills needed for success
- The course will focus on interpersonal and intrapersonal communications, small groups, and public speaking skills
Learn about good health in this 3-week course and earn PE required credit. Students will study physical and emotional health and those elements that add to and take away from their health.
In this class, students will learn about using digital cameras in program mode, using their camera without flash, and basic design techniques for better composition. They will also use Adobe Photoshop for basic image corrections and to create art work from existing photos.
Recover credit for math classes at SPX. All levels are self-paced and computer-based, while SPX teacher directed. Available courses are: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Math Models, and Pre-Calculus.
Review skills and learn strategies for success on the ACT and SAT college entrance tests. Students will learn about test-taking and reading techniques, essay writing for the test and math strategies. They will also experience a grammar and math review and complete practice tests.
Summer School Credit Recovery Programs
- St. Pius X High School (NCAA approved) Math credit recovery only | See more info above.
- HISD District Wide (NCAA approved)
- Houston Community College Adult High School Program (NOT NCAA approved)
- St. Thomas High School (NCAA approved)
- Strake Jesuit High School (NCAA approved)
- Memorial Private High School (NOT NCAA approved)