Congratulations, Panthers! Thanks to your hard work, we have exceeded our raffle goal of $175,000.
Total amount raised and top student sellers will be announced Thursday, March 30. The winning raffle ticket will be drawn on Friday, March 24.
2023 theme: the big race
What is the Raffle?
The Big Race Raffle is a school-wide fundraiser that supports the general operations at St. Pius X High School. It is driven by the student-led Raffle Promotions Committee (RPC).
Download Raffle 101 Presentation
- The Raffle began with a pep rally on Thursday, January 26 and will conclude on March 23
- At the conclusion of the pep rally, students received their raffle packets from their appointed RPC representative
- Each packet contains16 raffle books and 5 raffle collection envelopes
- One raffle book contains 3 tickets and costs $20
- All students are asked to sell $320 (16 books) in raffle tickets to earn holidays and other incentives
- On Collection Days, the RPC will collect tickets and money in advisory
- There are student incentives for selling
- Unsold tickets may be returned to the Advancement department or school reception desk
- All tickets must be filled out. Blanks will be thrown out.
- More tickets may be obtained from the Advancement department or school reception desk
- Grand Prize: $5,000 Visa Gift Card
- 2nd Prize: Trek Electric Bike
- 3rd Prize: iPad Air, 256 GB
- 4th Prize: Gaggia Classic Pro Espresso Machine
- 5th Prize: Apple Home Pod Mini
- Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Thursday, March 23, 2023 – 8am deadline. No student incentives given for late submissions.
- Friday, February 17, 2023 (Must turn in $120 or more on the February 14 collection date).
- Friday, March 10, 2023 (Must turn in $220 or more on the March 7 collection date).
- Thursday, April 6, 2023 (Must turn in $320 or more on the March 21 or March 23 collection dates).
- Seniors only – Friday, April 14 if student sells a total of 18 or more raffle books.
- Friday, March 24 at the conclusion of Field Day ~2:45 p.m. Winner need not be present to win.
- Sell ALL allotted tickets and receive the three school holidays and wear jeans in good repair and an SPX t-shirt each during raffle on Fridays only
- Students who have sold ALL tickets by the first collection day (Feb. 14) will be entered to win an Apple Home Pod mini.
- Students who have sold ALL tickets on the second collection day (Feb. 28), are entered to win Beats Flex – All-Day Wireless Earphones
- Students who sell a minimum of $720 (36 books) receive a lunch cut pass for the remainder of the year and may wear appropriate jeans in good repair with an SPX t-shirt on Fridays for the remainder of the school year.
Top Student Seller Prizes
- Top Seller: Apple iPad Pro, 256 GB
- 2nd place seller: Turtle Box speaker
- 3rd place seller: Apple Watch SE
Extra Opportunities to Sell
- Phonathons - Spend a few hours on campus with a list and script courtesy of Advancement to help reach more community members and sell more raffle tickets for SPX. Phonathons have been completed for 2023. Please contact Donna Cropper about parish sales options still available.
- Parish sales - Select a time slot after Mass from the list provided by SPX, with the opportunity to sell raffle tickets to parishioners. Please contact Donna Cropper at 713.579.7573 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your time slot.
Why is the Raffle important?
Tuition does not cover the cost of educating a St. Pius X student, the Raffle helps close the tuition gap per student. Some specifics include:
- Keeping tuition low for all SPX families
- Providing financial aid to qualified students and families
- Fostering the best faculty through competitive salaries
- Maintaining our 25+ acres of grounds and buildings
- Supporting and upgrading our technology
How do I purchase Raffle tickets and how much do they cost?
- Raffle tickets can be purchased from any SPX student, faculty or staff member or online via the form above
- Cost: $20 for a book of 3 tickets.