Panther Fans –
I hope and pray that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is looking forward to the holiday season! The approaching winter brings new opportunities, as our athletes are already underway competing in swim, basketball, and soccer.
As our fall seasons have concluded, both our Volleyball (8-4) and Football (4-4) teams made it the TAPPS Area Round of the State Playoffs. In addition, Cross Country had 9 runners compete in the TAPPS State Championship Meet (4 boys, 5 girls).
The TAPPS All-State and All-District selections for the fall sports will be posted and communicated by the end of the month.
Cheer and Pantherettes had fabulous performances throughout football season and will continue to support our basketball teams. In addition, Cheer is gearing up for the TAPPS Cheer Championships.
Important Dates (December)
05 | Softball Fundraiser - Wiffleball Tournament
07 | TAPPS Cheer Championship (Large Division)
14 | Booster Club Meeting (Virtual)
16 | Signing Day
18 | End of Semester 1 / Quarter 2
19 | Beginning of Christmas Holiday - Athletics continues as scheduled (practices and games)
25 | Wishing all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄🎁
A Wiffleball Tournament will take place on December 5th in the Herzstein Gym. Interested parties should contact, Wendy Prater ’82 at email@example.com or Head Coach, Raquel Tello '14, @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Sports Contacts
- Boys Basketball, Brandon Mouton
- Girls Basketball, DeMya Wheatfall
- Boys Soccer, Nick Merricks
- Girls Soccer, Laura Flores
- Swimming, Jessica Peterson
Winter Sports Schedules
Ticket Sales for Winter Sports
- Boys Basketball - 130 tickets will be allocated per game (inclusive of all levels and teams). Ticket required for entry into gym. Purchases are final - no refunds.
- Girls Basketball - 130 tickets will be allocated per game (inclusive of all levels and teams). Ticket required for entry into gym. Purchases are final - no refunds.
- No entry fee required for Girls/Boys Soccer
- All winter sports (all levels) - at the discretion of the school/organization hosting the contest. Ticket allocation for away games will be communicated to event participants via the Head Coach/Program Director.
IMPORTANT - At this time, ticket purchasing information will be communicated to the families of participants and opposing teams only. Should this change, we will be sure to notify the SPX Community.
COVID-19 Protocol for Spectators (Basketball and Soccer)
- Face Coverings Required at all times (except when eating or drinking)
- Maintain social distancing at all times
- Basketball Seating - do NOT sit on the areas marked with tape
- Soccer Seating - do NOT sit on the areas marked with orange paint
If you are unable to attend events in person, all games that take place in the Herzstein Gym or on Parsley Field will be live streamed through the NFHS Network!
Livestream availability for away contests is at the discretion of the school/organization hosting the contest. All livestream information will be communicated to contest participants by the Head Coach/Program Director.
SPX Athletics- Follow on Social!
Athletic Department Contact Information
Jeffrey S. Feller, CMAA
Office – 713.579.7530
Assistant Athletic Director
Erin Van Wassenhove
Strength and Conditioning Coordinator