Earn and retain a merit scholarship at SPX
We seek to attract the best and brightest students. St. Pius X High School offers academic scholarships to incoming ninth graders based upon what students score on the High School Placement Test, teacher recommendations and middle school grades.
Student must meet the following criteria
- Submit application by January 15, 2018
- Take HSPT or ISEE and submit scores to St. Pius X | Receiving a Composite Score at the 96th percentile or Average Stanine of 8 or above on the ISEE | Both exams offered at SPX on January 20, 2018
- Receive acceptance for the 2018-2019 school year
- Meet composite score requirements on entrance exam
Entrance Exam Composite Score and GPA Requirements
Amount (per year)
|99%||9||$ 7,500||GPA – Top 10 percent|
|98%||8||$ 5,000||GPA – Top 10 percent|
|97%||7||$ 2,000||GPA – Top 15 percent|
|96%||n/a||$ 1,250||GPA – Top 15 percent|
Jacqueline Lee Jordan Memorial Scholarship
In addition to these scholarships, incoming ninth graders from St. Edwards Catholic School may apply for the Jacqueline Lee Jordan Memorial Scholarship.
Students may apply for the Jacqueline Lee Jordan Memorial Scholarship by completing the scholarship application form. Students should submit the application and letters of reference to Ms. Kathryn Griep at email@example.com or 832.833.8927.
The Jacqueline Lee Jordan Memorial Scholarship is offered to a qualified 8th grade student at St. Edward Catholic School who reflects the values, interests, and academic career of Jacqueline Lee Jordan and has applied for admission to St. Pius X High School for the coming academic year.
This is a one-time, $1,500 scholarship.
The winner will be determined by the Scholarship committee by March 9, 2018. The scholarship will be presented at the St. Edwards Catholic School Awards Ceremony.
Jacqueline Lee Jordan was a multi-talented student who had an insatiable thirst for knowledge. Her life reflected a deep faith as seen in her involvement at her home parish of St. Edward and at St. Pius X High School. Jackie was an altar server, choir member and substitute accompanist during Sunday liturgies. As a freshman at SPX, Jackie earned straight A's in her Honors classes and was actively involved in many extracurriculars, including Choir, Band, Theatre SPX, as well as the Art, Anime, Culture and Culinary Clubs. Most of all, Jackie's love for the sciences was enhanced in the Science Club and fed her thirst to be a paleontologist.
Knights of Columbus Council 2917 Scholarship
Knights of Columbus Council 2917 will be awarding five $1,000 scholarships to rising juniors at St. Pius X High School (SPX). The scholarship will be paid directly to SPX on behalf of the scholarship winners and will be applied to the recipient’s senior year tuition balance.
Applicants must meet the criteria listed below and submit the required documentation to Ms. Denise Hyland in the SPX Business Office no later than May 4, 2018. The Officers of Knights of Columbus Council 2917 will make the final decision on the awards granted based on the applications received. A representative of the Council will present the awards to the scholarship winners at the Underclass Awards Ceremony held on May 23, 2018 at SPX.
Prerequisites for Consideration Include:
- Nominee is currently junior at SPX and will be entering his/her senior year in 2018-2019.
- Nominee must have paid registration fees for the 2018-2019 academic school year
- Nominee has applied and been granted financial aid for the 2018-2019 academic school year from SPX
- Nominee must be a practicing Catholic
- Nominee must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher through the first semester of his/her junior year at SPX
- Nominee should display good character at SPX
- Nominee should write an essay, not to exceed 150 words on "What a Catholic education means to me."
Forms and Information