The Dominican Sisters of Houston, Texas, in conjunction with the Diocese of Galveston-Houston, founded St. Pius X High School in 1956. This co-educational high school opened in September of 1956 with 253 ninth and tenth grade students, under the patronage of St. Pius X. In 1957, St. Pius X served grades nine through eleven, and by 1958, the school functioned as a four-year high school. St. Pius X numbers more than 5,000 graduates among its alumni, many of whom now have sons and daughters in attendance at the school.
How to Apply
All applicants must complete and submit the items below (click the steps for dropdown information)
We are now accepting applications for the 2023-2024 school year.
Take the first step on your journey to becoming a Panther - apply today!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES
- Click the orange “Apply Today!” button.
- Select the blue “Create Account” link on the left-hand side to create your application username and password.
- After entering the requested information, click the “Create Account” button.
- Once logged in, you should see a button that says, “Fill Out” under a section that says “Application.”
- If you have twins or are applying more than one child, you can select the “Apply Another Child” Button in your application portal and it will start a separate application for your second child.
- Once your application and $75 application fee is received, you will be able to monitor your child’s application progress and register for events through your application portal.
- “Candidate” refers to your child, not yourself.
- If you have submitted an inquiry form or have interacted with our school before, it is possible that you will receive a red notice with the following message:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CURRENT FAMILIES
You can apply your child with an older sibling currently attending SPX by following these steps:
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Enter your MySchoolApp username and password.
- Click “Apply Another Child”
St. Pius X High School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded and made available to students. St. Pius X High School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of their educational policies, scholarships and loan programs and athletic and other administered programs.
Entrance Exam Information
Entrance Exam Information
Students applying for the 9th grade must register and take the ISEE: www.erblearn.org/families/isee-registration
Please send us your ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) test scores by logging in to your ERB parent account and adding St. Pius X High School as a score recipient. Our school code is 571082. These scores are required to complete your application.
We are offering the ISEE on our campus on Saturday, November 11, 2023, and Saturday, January 13, 2024.
High school transfer applicants must submit their PSAT, SAT, ACT, or STAAR test scores.
- What is the ISEE?
- How and where do I register for the ISEE?
- Is St. Pius X High School offering the ISEE this year?
- Does taking the exam at St. Pius X High School increase my chances of admission?
- If I take the January 13th ISEE, will my scores be ready in time for the January 31st materials deadline?
- How do I send my ISEE scores to St. Pius X High School?
- My child requires testing accommodations- does St. Pius X High School offer this?
- Does St. Pius X High School offer fee waivers for the ISEE?
- Can students test multiple times?