Fulfill your vocation as an SPX Panther
St. Pius X High School is a four-year, co-ed, Catholic college prep school in northwest Houston. Our School has educated its students for 60 years within the four pillars of the Dominican charism: Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching.
We seek qualified faculty, staff and administrators dedicated to the overall mission of the School. Thank you for your interest.
St. Pius X High School is now accepting resumes for a Technical Theatre Director for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Responsibilities and Expectations of Position
- Manage/implement the technical requirements of all auditorium events and manage the technical resources of the auditorium facility.
- Coordinates the technical demands of overlapping productions, performances and events using the auditorium.
- Maintains safety and efficiency of all auditorium technical facilities: physical plant, stage rigging, construction area, lighting, and sound equipment.
- Develops a working relationship with the Facilities Department to support safety requirements for students and auditorium space.
- Coordinates and supervises student technical crews and develops a training program to build an ongoing student technical production team. Develops a cohort of students trained to meet the demands of technical theatre production and work effectively as a team.
- Fosters a professional, collegial relationship with all production coordinators, and school personnel involved in productions, programs and events.
- Works with students who have a range of academic levels and interpersonal capacities to develop individual skills as well as a group work ethic within the student technical production team.
- Teaches 5 classes per semester, include Stagecraft, Technical Theatre and other appropriate courses
- Oversees house staff during performances and run all crews on stage. The Technical Theatre Director is responsible for maintaining the function of the performance.
- Coordinates post-production strike and cleanup of all facilities, materials and equipment.
- Coordinates the design, build, tech weeks, and the week of production. During these weeks, the Technical Theatre Director coordinates completion of the sets while working with the Theatre Director in lighting, costumes, props, and sound, and makes changes based on feedback from directors.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administration of the school.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (Masters preferred) with an emphasis in Technical Theatre, or equivalent professional experience
- Working knowledge of construction and set design
- Working knowledge of lighting design
- Working knowledge of stage rigging
- Working knowledge of audio and sound reinforcement
- Working knowledge of stage management/or production management
- Working knowledge and clear understanding of professional standards of stage safety
Please send letter of interest and resume to Marc Martinez, Academic Dean email@example.com
St. Pius X High School is now accepting resumes for an Athletic Director for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Responsibilities and expectations of position:
- Initiates the recruitment and selection of coaches and makes employment recommendations to the administrative team
- Supervises and evaluates all coaches, schedules district, regional and state athletic contests, issues contracts for the contests and maintains the proper and necessary records
- Ensures officials are scheduled and contracts are issued and pays officials following contests
- Arranges transportation with transportation coordinator for all away contests
- Supervises the preparation, verifies and distributes all athletic eligibility lists
- Supervises athletic contests and acts as the host to officials and visiting schools.
- Oversees the supervision of employees and volunteers who work the athletic contest. Arranges for personnel to supervise contests as needed
- Supervises athletic funds, prepares and administers a detailed operating budget for the athletic program and submits it to the principal and Director of Finance.
- Orders all equipment and maintains a current inventory of all athletic equipment
- Advises and ensures all coaches conform with Board, TAPPS, league policies and regulations and with state and federal laws. Attends league district and state meetings. Ensures all coaches have successfully completed required athletic and school inservice programs.
- Coordinates with coaches scheduling of games and practices
- Supervises and is responsible for preparation for home contests
- Determines time allocation for field, court and weight room
- Provides leadership for and serves as liaison to athletic booster groups and coordinates, with the coaches, the support group for specific athletic programs
- Mediates any disputes between athletes and coaches or between coaches
- Other duties as assigned by the Administration of the school.
- Masters Degree or higher
- Minimum of five years of teaching/coaching experience. Administrative experience preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to enthusiastically develop, organize and implement programs. Reports to Head of School and Principal and supervises all athletic programs. The position requires positive leadership, management, strong collaborative and teambuilding, and solid verbal and written communication skills.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Diane Larsen, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Pius X High School is now accepting resumes for a Science Teacher for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Responsibilities and expectations of faculty:
- Teach college preparatory courses in Science.
- Actively supports and follows St. Pius X mission, philosophy, goals and policies.
- Serves as a Christian role model in speech and action at all times.
- The workday for teachers is 7:30 AM until 3:30 PM. Teachers work 180 instructional days and 10 in-service days. Teachers are expected to attend all in-service days.
- Provides high quality teaching and evaluation through development of objectives stated in the form of student learning, course syllabus, unit and lesson plans with a variety of formal and informal assessments.
- Selects and communicates appropriate course, unit and daily objectives and logically sequences and teaches to meet those objectives.
- Promotes a creative learning atmosphere in the classroom engaging students in active learning and critical thinking.
- Implements a variety of teaching styles and learning activities to meet multiple learning styles and special needs.
- Plans with other teachers for consistency of course content and assessments and to evaluate and address strengths and weaknesses of the department curriculum.
- Cooperates with and supports other members of the faculty and department; participates in departmental decisions and follows department procedures.
- Provides approved accommodations and positive support for special needs of students.
- Integrates the use of technology into lessons and assignments.
- Performs other duties as requested by the administration.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred in Science
- Secondary teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of a variety of strategies for engagement, instruction and assessment
- Knowledge of current best practices in teaching Science
- Ability to integrate use of technology into lessons
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work with students, parents, and staff
- Ability and interest in working with students with a range of skill levels
- Coaching or club sponsorship experience a benefit
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Marc Martinez, Academic Dean at email@example.com
School Bus Driver is responsible for operating a school bus to transport students proficiently over specified routes to and from school and various activities. Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, the School Bus Driver conducts pre-trip inspections; observes safety regulations and policies; enforces student discipline on the bus; and performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe operation
· Transport students to and from school each day on established routes in a safe and timely manner; students safety is of the utmost importance in route and drop off at their final destination
· Drive additional extracurricular routes that includes sporting events, practices, field trips, service, etc.
· Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and sanitation of vehicle
· Additional charter work on an as needed basis
· Report all accidents, vehicle damage, students injuries and mechanical problems in a timely manner
· Exerts a positive influence and work in harmony with associates
· Respond to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner
· Display professionalism in working with students, parents, staff and community
· Maintain professional appearance
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator
· Education requirements include a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) with “P” & “S” endorsements and school bus safety course
· Must have an excellent driving record
· Must pass a criminal history check along with a DOT physical examination and drug screen
· Must complete the Archdiocesan Virtus training program
· Ability to operate a school bus
· Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedure manuals
· Must be physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures (including pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds) and the ability to use emergency exits at any location on the bus
· Must possess the ability to maintain student discipline and ensure that student behavior is not a distraction to safe driving
· Must possess basic first aid and CPR certification or acquire such within a timely manner
·Must possess good communication skills and the ability to relate well with students and adults
Resumes will expire within 90 days. Submission of a resume is not considered to be an application for employment.
St. Pius X High School maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with St. Pius X are governed on the basis of competence and qualifications and are not influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin.