Fulfill your vocation as an SPX Panther
St. Pius X High School is a four-year, co-ed, Catholic college prep school in northwest Houston. Our School has educated its students for 60 years within the four pillars of the Dominican charism: Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching.
We seek qualified faculty, staff and administrators dedicated to the overall mission of the School. Thank you for your interest.
The Director of Annual Giving is a key position within the St. Pius X High School Advancement Office. The Director is responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive, year-round fundraising plan for The SPX Fund. The fundraising plan will include goals, strategies, and programming that aim to build and engage our donor base for the annual fund. Reporting to and working directly with the Director of Advancement, the Director of Annual Giving will play a vital role in growing fundraising dollars for the 62 year old institution.
In collaboration with the Director of Advancement, responsibilities include meeting or exceeding fundraising goals; acknowledging, stewarding and growing annual fund contributions; representing the organization to donors, parents, and the public. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and willing to take complete ownership of critical duties.
The position of Director of Annual Giving will include the following responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Work with the Director of Advancement to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward all prospects and contributions to SPX
•In conjunction with the Head of School and Director of Advancement meet all fundraising goals set forth by the School Board
•Work with Director of Advancement to develop annual giving goals
•Manage a comprehensive fundraising plan and schedule
•Manage all aspects of the SPX Fund (direct mail, in-kind donations, employee giving, student giving, online giving, etc.)
•Personally visit and solicit prospects
•Perform prospect research on all potential donors
•Write content for solicitations, annual giving publications/website content and other documents as needed for programming
•Work in collaboration with the Director of Alumni Relations to solicit gifts and build alumni giving participation and programming
•Interact with faculty, staff and students to promote goals and objectives
•Supervise all events related to the SPX Fund and other fund programming events as
•Recruit, manage and train all SPX Fund volunteers
•Lead the development of new and implementation of existing stewardship programs
•Effectively administer all aspects of the annual Raffle, including volunteer
recruitment, student volunteer recruitment, all financials, and all related events
•Attend on and off campus events as necessary and work some nights and weekends
•Create monthly giving reports for use at committee and board meetings
•Host with the Advancement Team, all events sponsored by the Advancement Office
•Perform other duties as requested by the Head of School and the Director of Advancement.
•A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required (Communications, Marketing, Business)
•Two to five years’ experience in non-profit advancement including demonstrated success in fundraising
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
•Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems
•Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
•Ability to work independently, combined with the skills to thrive in a team environment
•Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
•Demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with volunteers and developing volunteer leadership
•High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
•Flexibility and willingness to assume new tasks and special projects.
•Ability to participate in cross-departmental projects, using tact and diplomacy
•Professional maturity and a sense of humor
•Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or a similar fundraising/constituent database
•Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
Please submit resume and cover letter to Jerry Yeager at firstname.lastname@example.org
A St. Pius X High School substitute teacher is responsible for partnering with the classroom teacher to facilitate and ensure continual student learning, instruction, and safety.
Substitute teachers are generally used for the following areas: English, math, history and social sciences, world languages, physical education, theology, fine arts, communication, and library resources.
- Provides classroom instruction to students with fidelity as outlined in lesson plans.
- Creates a classroom that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains a safe and orderly environment.
- Maintains established routine of the school and classroom procedures in which assigned.
- Maintains a professional appearance as an example to students.
- Remains at school the entire school day, unless otherwise instructed to leave by the principal.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains reasonable code of conduct which encourage self-discipline and responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators when needed.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and times designated.
- Utilizes available technology to enhance lesson as needed.
- Documents student progress, activities, and outcomes for classroom teacher.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 60 college credit hours
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience a plus
- Teaching experience is not required, though preferred
- Willingness to learn and understand the mission of St. Pius X High School
- Complete Virtus training is required (can obtain prior to hire)
- Background check is required
TO APPLY: Submit resume and reference list to email@example.com
Qualifying applicants will receive an invitation to attend a required substitute orientation.
For questions concerning this position, please contact Cindy Flores, assistant to the principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-579-7506.
School Bus Driver is responsible for operating a school bus to transport students proficiently over specified routes to and from school and various activities. Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, the School Bus Driver conducts pre-trip inspections; observes safety regulations and policies; enforces student discipline on the bus; and performs related work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe operation
· Transport students to and from school each day on established routes in a safe and timely manner; students safety is of the utmost importance in route and drop off at their final destination
· Drive additional extracurricular routes that includes sporting events, practices, field trips, service, etc.
· Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and sanitation of vehicle
· Additional charter work on an as needed basis
· Report all accidents, vehicle damage, students injuries and mechanical problems in a timely manner
· Exerts a positive influence and work in harmony with associates
· Respond to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner
· Display professionalism in working with students, parents, staff and community
· Maintain professional appearance
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator
· Education requirements include a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) with “P” & “S” endorsements and school bus safety course
· Must have an excellent driving record
· Must pass a criminal history check along with a DOT physical examination and drug screen
· Must complete the Archdiocesan Virtus training program
· Ability to operate a school bus
· Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedure manuals
· Must be physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures (including pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds) and the ability to use emergency exits at any location on the bus
· Must possess the ability to maintain student discipline and ensure that student behavior is not a distraction to safe driving
· Must possess basic first aid and CPR certification or acquire such within a timely manner
·Must possess good communication skills and the ability to relate well with students and adults
Resumes will expire within 90 days. Submission of a resume is not considered to be an application for employment.
St. Pius X High School maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with St. Pius X are governed on the basis of competence and qualifications and are not influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin.