Fulfill your vocation as an SPX Panther
St. Pius X High School is a four-year, co-ed, Catholic college prep school in northwest Houston. Our School has educated its students for 60 years within the four pillars of the Dominican charism: Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching.
We seek qualified faculty, staff and administrators dedicated to the overall mission of the School. Thank you for your interest.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years volleyball coaching experience at the secondary level preferred.
- Monitors eligibility of each participant under TAPPS/SPX rules.
- Teaches fundamental volleyball skills, drills, techniques, and game schemes.
- Assists the Head Coach with organization and supervision of the entire program.
- Assists in fundraising efforts.
- Provides leadership, organization, supervision for all practices and contests in conjunction with head coach.
- Creates an atmosphere of sportsmanship, professionalism and respect among the volleyball staff, coaches and student-athletes.
- Commitment to student-athlete safety and welfare as it pertains to all aspects of interscholastic volleyball.
- Maintains a positive and constructive working relationship with SPX staff.
- Assists in developing, coordinate and oversee comprehensive volleyball camps/clinics to increase involvement and participation.
- Maintain relationships with parents, alumni, friends of the program.
- Attends and participates in all athletic department meetings
- Emphasis on Christian sportsmanship.
- Ability to obtain a CDL License
- Additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to Head Coach, Clare Powers at email@example.com.
School Bus Driver is responsible for operating a school bus to transport students proficiently over specified routes to and from school and various activities. Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, the School Bus Driver conducts pre-trip inspections; observes safety regulations and policies; enforces student discipline on the bus; and performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe operation
· Transport students to and from school each day on established routes in a safe and timely manner; students safety is of the utmost importance in route and drop off at their final destination
· Drive additional extracurricular routes that includes sporting events, practices, field trips, service, etc.
· Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and sanitation of vehicle
· Additional charter work on an as needed basis
· Report all accidents, vehicle damage, students injuries and mechanical problems in a timely manner
· Exerts a positive influence and work in harmony with associates
· Respond to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner
· Display professionalism in working with students, parents, staff and community
· Maintain professional appearance
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator
· Education requirements include a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) with “P” & “S” endorsements and school bus safety course
· Must have an excellent driving record
· Must pass a criminal history check along with a DOT physical examination and drug screen
· Must complete the Archdiocesan Virtus training program
· Ability to operate a school bus
· Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedure manuals
· Must be physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures (including pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds) and the ability to use emergency exits at any location on the bus
· Must possess the ability to maintain student discipline and ensure that student behavior is not a distraction to safe driving
· Must possess basic first aid and CPR certification or acquire such within a timely manner
·Must possess good communication skills and the ability to relate well with students and adults
Resumes will expire within 90 days. Submission of a resume is not considered to be an application for employment.
St. Pius X High School maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with St. Pius X are governed on the basis of competence and qualifications and are not influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin.