Fulfill your vocation as an SPX Panther
St. Pius X High School is a four-year, co-ed, Catholic college prep school in northwest Houston. Our School has educated its students for 60 years within the four pillars of the Dominican charism: Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching.
We seek qualified faculty, staff and administrators dedicated to the overall mission of the School. Thank you for your interest.
St Pius X High School seeks a faith-filled and visionary Catholic educational leader to serve as its next high school principal.
Located in Houston, Texas, St. Pius X High School is a co-educational, Dominican, Catholic college preparatory school serving approximately 575 students in grades 9 – 12. The high school is located on the north side of Houston welcoming a diverse student body from more than 120 zip codes throughout the Houston area. St. Pius X High School seeks a Catholic educator whose dynamic, collaborative and inspiring leadership will promote the mission and values of the school and ensure that St. Pius X High School continues to develop scholars and leaders through educational excellence, a passion for justice, and personal attention to each student’s personal development.
The principal serves a central role in the school’s leadership and daily administration. This position reports to the head of school and has primary responsibility, with his/her team for all curricular and co-curricular activities involving students and faculty in the school. The principal must be committed to the mission of St. Pius X and the Four Pillars of a Dominican Education. The principal collaborates with faculty and administration in the development, refining, and delivery of high quality instruction and enhancing the overall instructional experience through collaboration, mentoring, and modeling best practices for high school instruction. The principal supports and facilitates the policies and vision established by the head of school.
Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching – this is Dominican education at St. Pius x High School. Inspired by Veritas, young men and women embrace academic excellence and integrity, celebrate the community’s diverse gifts and heritage, and embody social justice and service.
Faith, Community and Dominican Charism
- Embraces the Dominican charism
- Ensures that the Four Pillars of a Dominican education (prayer, study, community, preaching) are developed and promoted among the school community
- Develops an active faith community and models Christian values
- Incorporates prayer and spiritual formation within the student, faculty/staff communities
- Upholds and implements the congregational goals of the Dominican Sisters of Houston
- Ensures the implementation of comprehensive spiritual, theological and service programs for students
- Attends retreats as available
Leadership and Management
- Collaborates with the head of school to ensure the effective overall operation of the school
- Implements the school’s mission, goals, and philosophy in concert with the leadership team and the principal’s team.
- Coordinates the faculty and selected staff hiring process and makes recommendations to the head of school
- Serves as a resource to the head of school in other hiring decisions as needed
- Provides input in developing and implementing the strategic plan
- Works with the administration on the various required annual reporting procedures (accreditation, audit, etc.)
- Provides guidance and direction to the principal’s team and is responsible for their evaluation
- Serves on the leadership team and attends weekly meetings and other educational committee meetings as needed
- Holds principal’s team meetings and is responsible for serving as a liaison between the leadership team and the principal’s team.
- Oversees Title I & II; approves conferences
- Participates in special fundraising events and donor recognition activities
- Connects and networks with parents, students, alumni, parents of alumni, etc.
Public Relations and Marketing
- Acts as a spokesperson for the school when needed
- Represents St. Pius X High School at public events to provide a positive image of the school’s programs and projects
- Finds opportunities to promote the mission and programs of St. Pius X Highs School to various publics
- Fosters relationships between the school and its constituencies
- Supports parent, student, and alumni groups and attends meetings and events as needed
- Ensures with appropriate staff that any information provided to the public (collateral materials, press releases, newsletter, website, etc.) is accurate, uniform and consistent with the mission and values of St. Pius X High School
- Works with CFO and head of school to ensure budget preparation, implementation and fiscal stability of the school
Curriculum and Student Life
- Appoints, trains and evaluates department chairs in collaboration with the academic dean
- Evaluates the overall curriculum of the school in collaboration with the academic dean and department chairs
- Develops a schedule of observing classes and evaluating teachers in conjunction with the academic dean
- Coordinates faculty in-service in collaboration with the Head of School, the principal’s team and other appropriate personnel
- Consults with the academic dean on the building of the master schedule
- Consults with the deans of students on matters related to discipline and student life
- Consults with the head of school and the director of Campus Ministry on spiritual formation, service opportunities, and community building programs for all constituents
- Consults with the athletic director regarding the athletics program and related issues
- Works with the director of admissions on recruiting, selecting prospective students, and enrollment management
- Consults with the director of counseling about college counseling programs and academic/social/emotional counseling issues
- Consults with parents regarding concerns about curriculum and/or faculty following the principle of subsidiarity
- Attends and/or participates in all major St. Pius X events
- Coordinates Follow-the-Schedule night
- Attends conferences and/or workshops (as needed) in order to keep abreast of latest education trends and research.
- Serves on Faculty/Staff Advisory Committee
- Attends school board meetings
- Oversees self-study preparation and reporting to accrediting agencies (TCCED, SACS, DASS)
- Approves conference attendance for faculty and staff
- Supervises the registrar and the principal’s administrative assistant
- Develops annual school calendar
- Performs other duties as assigned by the head of school
- Master’s degree in educational administration or comparable degree
- Experience as a secondary classroom teacher
- Experience in instructional leadership roles or other experience deemed appropriate
- Previous high school administrative experience preferred
- Previous Catholic school environment experience preferred
- Working knowledge of curriculum, instruction and scheduling
- Commitment to embrace the mission of St Pius X High School
- Must be a practicing Catholic and support and uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church in word and deed
- Experience in and commitment to a diverse community
- A positive and proactive approach to daily responsibilities
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Completion of Safe Haven training
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit by January 31, 2020, an application package including the following to at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A current resume/CV
- A cover letter describing interest in and qualifications for the position
- A separate document with the names, professional positions, telephone numbers and email addresses of five references. Candidates will be notified before contacting references.
- Candidates are expected to be available to assume the responsibilities of the position in June 2020.
Job Title: Part Time Maintenance Assistant
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Pay Status: $11.00 Hourly / Part Time
Founded in 1956 by the Dominican Sisters of Houston, St. Pius X High School is a co-educational, Catholic college preparatory school serving students from 132 zip codes throughout metropolitan Houston and surrounding areas.
The role of Maintenance Assistant is to provide assistance to maintenance and operations services on campus. This position plays a key part in the overall cleanliness and curb appeal for the campus. Applicants must be task-oriented, be able to interact with a diverse group of people, and work well in a team environment. Must be willing to take on simple and complex tasks and respond efficiently and effectively to all requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Walks campus grounds daily to inspect for maintenance issues, disposing of all trash and debris, including parking lots and roadside perimeter.
- Cleans and refreshes planter beds, fountains, and hedges throughout campus, on a daily basis.
- Refreshes paint on parking lot curbs, handicap identifiers, and car stalls, on an as-needed basis.
- Delivers packages to personnel, on a daily basis.
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all facilities, as needed.
- Assists with minor plumbing repairs, as needed.
- Dismantles and installs furniture, assists with student and employee moves, as needed.
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed.
- Set up and break down of tables and chairs for school lunch time, events, and meetings on a daily basis.
- Complete work orders and perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to work independently without continuous direct supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent
- Must have basic computer knowledge, including using Microsoft Outlook
- Must have basic understanding of how things work (facility-related)
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram from.
- Ability to deal with problems efficiently and effectively.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess current driver’s license.
- Must complete required training(s) from the Archdiocese.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, understand and respond to instruction given. The employee is also required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable with, and able to work on a ladder up to 20 feet.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time position. Standard days and hours of work will vary Tuesday through Friday, 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. with a flexible schedule on Saturdays.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Please submit letter of interest and resumes to Darrel Carouthers, Jr., Director of Facilities, CarouthersD@stpiusx.org.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Special Education, Learning Differences Education, or other related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the field of special education or learning difference education
- Thorough knowledge of Special Education and 504 laws and requirements applicable in a private school
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills to work with students, parents, faculty and outside agencies to support students with learning differences succeed in a college preparatory environment
Major responsibilities include:
- Works with Principal, Academic Dean and Head of School to maintain and update a list of approved accommodations for St. Pius X High School
- Conducts entrance interviews and review of student learning issues to determine need for support and appropriateness of the Learning for Success Program and the school for the applicant.
- Determines individual accommodation plans for students
- Works with students to promote skills that foster independent learning such as self-awareness, self-advocacy, and self-determination
- Develops curriculum and advises students about their learning challenges and strategies for success
- Supervises application process for accommodations for standardized tests (PSAT, ACT, SAT)
- Coordinates requests for and required procedures for updated or new diagnostic testing
- Facilitates support services between the faculty, students and parents
- Provides referrals for outside tutoring and coordinates in-school tutoring
- Assists graduating seniors in the transition process to college and provides contact information for college support services
- Facilitates and communicates support services between faculty, students and parents
- Provides staff development in the areas of strategies to support students with learning differences
Please submit letter of interest and resumes to Cindy Flores, Assistant to the Principal, email@example.com.
School Bus Driver is responsible for operating a school bus to transport students proficiently over specified routes to and from school and various activities. Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, the School Bus Driver conducts pre-trip inspections; observes safety regulations and policies; enforces student discipline on the bus; and performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe operation
· Transport students to and from school each day on established routes in a safe and timely manner; students safety is of the utmost importance in route and drop off at their final destination
· Drive additional extracurricular routes that includes sporting events, practices, field trips, service, etc.
· Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and sanitation of vehicle
· Additional charter work on an as needed basis
· Report all accidents, vehicle damage, students injuries and mechanical problems in a timely manner
· Exerts a positive influence and work in harmony with associates
· Respond to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner
· Display professionalism in working with students, parents, staff and community
· Maintain professional appearance
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator
· Education requirements include a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) with “P” & “S” endorsements and school bus safety course
· Must have an excellent driving record
· Must pass a criminal history check along with a DOT physical examination and drug screen
· Must complete the Archdiocesan Virtus training program
· Ability to operate a school bus
· Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedure manuals
· Must be physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures (including pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds) and the ability to use emergency exits at any location on the bus
· Must possess the ability to maintain student discipline and ensure that student behavior is not a distraction to safe driving
· Must possess basic first aid and CPR certification or acquire such within a timely manner
·Must possess good communication skills and the ability to relate well with students and adults
Resumes will expire within 90 days. Submission of a resume is not considered to be an application for employment.
St. Pius X High School maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with St. Pius X are governed on the basis of competence and qualifications and are not influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin.