Fulfill your vocation as an SPX Panther
St. Pius X High School is a four-year, co-ed, Catholic college prep school in northwest Houston. Our School has educated its students for 60 years within the four pillars of the Dominican charism: Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching.
We seek qualified faculty, staff and administrators dedicated to the overall mission of the School. Thank you for your interest.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Special Education, Learning Differences Education, or other related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the field of special education or learning difference education
- Thorough knowledge of Special Education and 504 laws and requirements applicable in a private school
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills to work with students, parents, faculty and outside agencies to support students with learning differences succeed in a college preparatory environment
Major responsibilities include:
- Works with Principal, Academic Dean and Head of School to maintain and update a list of approved accommodations for St. Pius X High School
- Conducts entrance interviews and review of student learning issues to determine need for support and appropriateness of the Learning for Success Program and the school for the applicant.
- Determines individual accommodation plans for students
- Works with students to promote skills that foster independent learning such as self-awareness, self-advocacy, and self-determination
- Develops curriculum and advises students about their learning challenges and strategies for success
- Supervises application process for accommodations for standardized tests (PSAT, ACT, SAT)
- Coordinates requests for and required procedures for updated or new diagnostic testing
- Facilitates support services between the faculty, students and parents
- Provides referrals for outside tutoring and coordinates in-school tutoring
- Assists graduating seniors in the transition process to college and provides contact information for college support services
- Facilitates and communicates support services between faculty, students and parents
- Provides staff development in the areas of strategies to support students with learning differences
Please submit letter of interest and resumes to Cindy Flores, Assistant to the Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Bus Driver is responsible for operating a school bus to transport students proficiently over specified routes to and from school and various activities. Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, the School Bus Driver conducts pre-trip inspections; observes safety regulations and policies; enforces student discipline on the bus; and performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe operation
· Transport students to and from school each day on established routes in a safe and timely manner; students safety is of the utmost importance in route and drop off at their final destination
· Drive additional extracurricular routes that includes sporting events, practices, field trips, service, etc.
· Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and sanitation of vehicle
· Additional charter work on an as needed basis
· Report all accidents, vehicle damage, students injuries and mechanical problems in a timely manner
· Exerts a positive influence and work in harmony with associates
· Respond to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner
· Display professionalism in working with students, parents, staff and community
· Maintain professional appearance
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator
· Education requirements include a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) with “P” & “S” endorsements and school bus safety course
· Must have an excellent driving record
· Must pass a criminal history check along with a DOT physical examination and drug screen
· Must complete the Archdiocesan Virtus training program
· Ability to operate a school bus
· Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedure manuals
· Must be physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures (including pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds) and the ability to use emergency exits at any location on the bus
· Must possess the ability to maintain student discipline and ensure that student behavior is not a distraction to safe driving
· Must possess basic first aid and CPR certification or acquire such within a timely manner
·Must possess good communication skills and the ability to relate well with students and adults
Resumes will expire within 90 days. Submission of a resume is not considered to be an application for employment.
St. Pius X High School maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with St. Pius X are governed on the basis of competence and qualifications and are not influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin.