Fulfill your vocation as an SPX Panther
St. Pius X High School is a four-year, co-ed, Catholic college prep school in northwest Houston. Our School has educated its students for 60 years within the four pillars of the Dominican charism: Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching.
We seek qualified faculty, staff and administrators dedicated to the overall mission of the School. Thank you for your interest.
St. Pius X High School is now accepting resumes for the head track and field coach position for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure eligibility of each participant under U.I.L./T.A.P.P.S./SPX rules
- Schedule sporting events with approval of the athletic director
- Responsible for student athletes and for their safety during athletic functions and while on the premises afterward
- Ensure physical examination for each athlete, parent’s approval, and student insurance or waiver before he/she is issued equipment or allowed to participate
- Provide advance notice of players attending away game for teacher approval
- Provide list all award recipients and awards needed to the athletic director
- Responsible for: (a) inventory of equipment; (b) issue and care of athletic equipment; (c) storage, cleaning, and repair of equipment; (d) recommendations for purchase of equipment; (e) maintenance of a complete system of records for the sport
- Submit annual budget information, and adherence to the approved budget
- Responsible for securing facility after each athletic function
- Emphasize Christian sportsmanship
- Disperse correct information on St. Pius X admissions and financial aid policies to potential students
- Obtain purchase order requisition with signature of the athletic director and submit this to the director of finance before ordering any merchandise
- Bachelor’s degree
- Head coaching experience with proven track record preferred
- First Aid, CPR, and AED certified
- Possession of a Commercial Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with ability to effectively speak in front of various sized groups
- Proven track record of reliability, responsibility and integrity
- Experience in budget management and experience to facilitate an excellent sports program
- High level of personal integrity and professionalism
- High level of organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership ability
- Commitment to St. Pius X High School’s mission, values, goals
- Desire to grow and develop the track and field program at SPX, including the skills and abilities of the athletes
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on the coaching staff to motivate and lead coaching staff
- Ability to work with parent organizations such as Boosters to coordinate athletics events and fundraisers
Please send all information to Athletic Director Jason Kimball at email@example.com.
School Bus Driver is responsible for operating a school bus to transport students proficiently over specified routes to and from school and various activities. Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, the School Bus Driver conducts pre-trip inspections; observes safety regulations and policies; enforces student discipline on the bus; and performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe operation
· Transport students to and from school each day on established routes in a safe and timely manner; students safety is of the utmost importance in route and drop off at their final destination
· Drive additional extracurricular routes that includes sporting events, practices, field trips, service, etc.
· Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and sanitation of vehicle
· Additional charter work on an as needed basis
· Report all accidents, vehicle damage, students injuries and mechanical problems in a timely manner
· Exerts a positive influence and work in harmony with associates
· Respond to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner
· Display professionalism in working with students, parents, staff and community
· Maintain professional appearance
· Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator
· Education requirements include a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) with “P” & “S” endorsements and school bus safety course
· Must have an excellent driving record
· Must pass a criminal history check along with a DOT physical examination and drug screen
· Must complete the Archdiocesan Virtus training program
· Ability to operate a school bus
· Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedure manuals
· Must be physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures (including pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds) and the ability to use emergency exits at any location on the bus
· Must possess the ability to maintain student discipline and ensure that student behavior is not a distraction to safe driving
· Must possess basic first aid and CPR certification or acquire such within a timely manner
·Must possess good communication skills and the ability to relate well with students and adults
Resumes will expire within 90 days. Submission of a resume is not considered to be an application for employment.
St. Pius X High School maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with St. Pius X are governed on the basis of competence and qualifications and are not influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin.