Fulfill your vocation as an SPX Panther
St. Pius X High School is a four-year, co-ed, Catholic college prep school in northwest Houston. Our School has educated its students for 60 years within the four pillars of the Dominican charism: Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching.
We seek qualified faculty, staff and administrators dedicated to the overall mission of the School. Thank you for your interest.
To advance the mission of St. Pius X High School within its internal and external constituencies. Along with the Head of School Team, the Director of Advancement implements the School’s mission, goals and philosophy. The Director of Advancement reports directly to the Head of School and has a consultative relationship with the Principal, the Director of Admissions and the Director of Finance.
- Oversees all staff positions within the Offices of Advancement
- Oversees all fundraising within the School, with direct responsibility for major gifts, capital campaigns and planned gifts
- Responsible for all grant research and grant writing
- Responsible for foundation relations
- Responsible for prospect research and development
- Maintains an active role in strategic planning
- Oversees all constituent relations
- Coordinates all stewardship events and cultivation events
- Collaborates with the Principal’s Administrative Team on special programming
- Develops all marketing campaigns for the School
- Oversees all external communications of the School, including the Annual Report, Pius News, press releases, advertising and certain web content
- Serves as an ex officio non-voting member of the St. Pius X High School Board and the St. Pius X High School Foundation Board.
- Prepares advancement report for the Head of School and School Board/Foundation Board on a monthly or an as needed basis
- Serves as a member of the Administrative Team
- Serves as a member of the Advancement Committee of the School Board
- Performs other duties as requested by the Head of School
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Five years of Advancement experience with a progressive track record of success
- Experience soliciting major gifts of $50,000 or more
- Experience developing and implementing annual giving, major gift, planned giving, grant writing, capital campaign, public relations and marketing programs
- Strong, demonstrated experience leading and engaging all stakeholders - boards, colleagues, parents, alumni, students and other donors
- Thorough knowledge of advancement best practices and strong communication skills
- Ability to manage the Advancement staff and establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse personalities
- Self-motivated, highly organized and strong relational abilities with a record of meeting deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
Please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Bus Driver is responsible for operating a school bus to transport students proficiently over specified routes to and from school and various activities. Reporting to the Transportation Coordinator, the School Bus Driver conducts pre-trip inspections; observes safety regulations and policies; enforces student discipline on the bus; and performs related work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:· Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure safe operation
· Transport students to and from school each day on established routes in a safe and timely manner; students safety is of the utmost importance in route and drop off at their final destination
· Drive additional extracurricular routes that includes sporting events, practices, field trips, service, etc.
· Clean bus as necessary to maintain professional appearance and sanitation of vehicle
· Additional charter work on an as needed basis
· Report all accidents, vehicle damage, students injuries and mechanical problems in a timely manner
· Exerts a positive influence and work in harmony with associates
· Respond to suggestions for improvement in a positive manner
· Display professionalism in working with students, parents, staff and community
· Maintain professional appearance
·Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Coordinator
Qualifications:· Education requirements include a high school diploma or G.E.D.
· Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid Class B commercial driver’s license (CDL) with “P” & “S” endorsements and school bus safety course
· Must have an excellent driving record
· Must pass a criminal history check along with a DOT physical examination and drug screen
· Must complete the Archdiocesan Virtus training program
· Ability to operate a school bus
· Ability to read and understand documents including policies and procedure manuals
· Must be physically able to perform and demonstrate emergency evacuation procedures (including pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds) and the ability to use emergency exits at any location on the bus
· Must possess the ability to maintain student discipline and ensure that student behavior is not a distraction to safe driving
· Must possess basic first aid and CPR certification or acquire such within a timely manner
·Must possess good communication skills and the ability to relate well with students and adults
Resumes will expire within 90 days. Submission of a resume is not considered to be an application for employment.
St. Pius X High School maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with St. Pius X are governed on the basis of competence and qualifications and are not influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin.