Fulfill your vocation as an SPX Panther
St. Pius X High School is a four-year, co-ed, Catholic college prep school in northwest Houston. Our School has educated its students for 60 years within the four pillars of the Dominican charism: Prayer, Study, Community, Preaching.
We seek qualified faculty, staff and administrators dedicated to the overall mission of the School. Thank you for your interest.
To advance the mission of St. Pius X High School by building strong relationships among members of the community through specialized events and programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position of Event Director will include the following responsibilities
- Strengthen relationships between members of St. Pius X High School community and the School
- Develops volunteer opportunities designed to connect current parents with the School
- Organize, coordinate and supervise events originating from the Office of Advancement and from the Parent Association
- Serve as School liaison to the Gala committee with responsibility for communications, reservations and volunteer management
- Work collaboratively with the Advancement Assistant on maintaining accurate Gala records
- Report to the Director of Advancement
- Perform other duties as requested by the Head of School or the Director of Advancement
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Two to three years experience in non-profit fundraising, event planning and volunteer coordination or comparable business development experience
- Experience with data entry and reporting using donor databases, preferably Raisers’ Edge
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of fundraising best practices, trends and philosophy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administrative and data management skills, including close attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Blackbaud Database Systems, particularly Raiser’s Edge
View the complete job description.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
High school teaching experience and a master’s degree preferred. Preference given to candidates willing to get involved in the school community by moderating clubs, coaching, etc.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the Academic Dean, Marc Martinez at email@example.com.
Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Reports To: Manager of Facilities
Pay Status: Hourly / 12 Month Contract
The role of Maintenance Assistant is to ensure that the facilities and office services are maintained and run smoothly. This position plays a key role in responding to facility and general office requests. Must be a self-starter, be able to interface with a diverse group of people and work well in a team environment. Must be willing to take on simple and complex tasks and respond efficiently and enthusiastically to all requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as primary contact for all personnel for any building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies, and repairs).
- Must be able to work independently without continuous direct supervision.
- Walks SPX grounds daily to inspect for maintenance issues and remove trash and debris. Including, student parking lots and ensuring debris is removed.
- May assist the Facilities Manger as an assistant project coordinator for projects, including monitoring contractor performance to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Assist in maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-our basis.
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all facilities, as needed.
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary.
- Dismantles and installs furniture, Coordinates and assists with departmental employee moves.
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when an electrician is required.
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed.
- Set up and break down of tables and chairs for school lunch time, events, and meetings.
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned.
- Performs immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent
- Must have computer knowledge using Microsoft Outlook
- Must have basic understanding of how things work (facility-related)
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram from.
- Ability to deal with problems efficiently and effectively.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess current driver’s license.
- Must complete VIRTUS training.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is also required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder up to 20 feet.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. However, the position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
Prepared By: Curt Wissmiller, Director of Facilities
Prepared Date: March 6, 2016
The foregoing statements described the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If interested in this position, please contact Jeff Donaruma, Dean of Students, at email@example.com or 713-579-7503.
St. Pius X High School maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with St. Pius X are governed on the basis of competence and qualifications and are not influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin.